11.28.2013

danke

Here's a confession: I wasn't in the most grateful mood leading up to Thanksgiving. We weren't allowed to travel to Will's family like we normally do, and in the month leading up to today we both got seriously homesick for their house and time together. Of course, our house arrest is for a pretty great cause, but it took a note to that effect from my mother-in-law to make me fully accept our situation, and remember how lucky we are to be able to make any small sacrifice for our baby.

So today I was very glad to be told - even by a calendar - that I should give thanks. We truly have so much for which to be thankful. (And I'm already excited to bring our daughter to Thanksgiving next year!)

 
Thanksgiving chalkboard. Damariscotta mug balancing on a huge belly, with the Thanksgiving Day parade in the background. Delicious dinner with our wonderful DC family. Happy Thanksgiving from the Dunhams! (My hair is styled by couch cushions - please don't judge the volume.)

4 comments:

  1. I think your hair looks great. :) And I'm really inspired by this. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to say that your hair looks AMAZING. Volume should always be praised and welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get that cup? Seriously, it is the PERFECT shape. I frequent our thrift store, Goodwill and retail/department stores looking for precisely that shape. Also, congrats on making it to 35 weeks! So happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph!! The mug is one of my beloved Damariscotta mugs - they're sold in Maine and basically my most prized possessions :)

      Delete